Quick Take: Gold Miners Starting to Shine
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- As gold prices have been rallying, the miners are finally starting to play catch-up, says Phil Streible, senior commodities broker at RJO Futures, along with TheStreet's Gregg Greenberg.
Streible was optimistic on the miners, now that gold has been recovering. Since the yellow metal got back above the 100-day moving average, the miners can finally return to profitability and increase production.
The metal had seen a large imbalance in supply and demand, due to many miners significantly slowing their production, particularly in South Africa.
With a lot of sector and asset rotation lately, Streible said that it will be interesting to see whether investors wait for gold to come in a bit, or chase it on a breakout over $1,400.He concluded by saying he expects the 10-year treasury yield to top out around 3% and that the Federal Reserve seems to be losing control over interest rates. This, along with talk of tapering, appear finally to be on the back burner, now that gold is rising. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV