MIRAMAR, Fla., Aug. 19, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Spirit Airlines (Nasdaq:SAVE) today announced that it is starting seasonal service between Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport (MSP) and four new cities, including Los Angeles (LAX), Orlando (MCO), Phoenix Sky Harbor (PHX) and Tampa (TPA). The nonstop daily flights start November 7, 2013.
Customers can check out the crazy low fares and vacation packages available to all of these destinations offered every day at www.spirit.com and also sign up to receive alerts on Spirit's email deals and offers.
Spirit has continued to grow since starting service at MSP in June 2012 and currently offers nonstop service from MSP to Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Denver (summer seasonal) and Las Vegas, as well as nonstop seasonal service resuming to Fort Lauderdale and Fort Myers on November 7, 2013."We're excited to introduce our low fare options to even more of the warm and sunny places Minnesotans want to visit during the cold of winter," said Spirit's Vice President of Network Planning Mark Kopczak. "Since starting service at MSP a little over a year ago, our unique product offering has become popular with savvy, value-conscious customers throughout the region who appreciate saving money on travel with Spirit's ultra low fares, optional add-ons and low total prices that are tough to beat." "Spirit Airlines' continued growth at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport is good news for travelers, increasing competition on routes and enhancing low-fare options," said Jeff Hamiel, Executive Director/CEO of the Metropolitan Airports Commission, which owns and operates MSP. "One of the advantages of Spirit's à la carte pricing model is that it enables savvy travelers to take trips they otherwise might not be able to afford. I am pleased that, beginning in November, MSP travelers will be able to fly directly to four more popular warm-weather destinations on Spirit Airlines."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV