2. As of noon trading, Wal-Mart Stores ( WMT) is down $0.43 (-0.6%) to $73.68 on average volume. Thus far, 3.1 million shares of Wal-Mart Stores exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.6 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $73.21-$73.93 after having opened the day at $73.88 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $74.11. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. operates retail stores in various formats worldwide. The company operates in three segments: Walmart U.S., Walmart International, and Sam's Club. Wal-Mart Stores has a market cap of $243.8 billion and is part of the retail industry. Shares are up 8.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Wal-Mart Stores a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Wal-Mart Stores as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, growth in earnings per share, good cash flow from operations and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Get the full Wal-Mart Stores Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts