The tech giant is rumored to have a gold-colored iPhone on the way, which doesn't seem like headline-worthy news.
But just about anything Apple-related will be magnified in the next couple of weeks leading up to the September event.
Ciaccia added that he liked the decision to go with a gold iPhone, noting that along with the iPad, the two products have yet to experience color at some point during their product life cycles.Back in the day, Apple was known for its multicolored Macs and more recently, the iPod. Ciaccia went on to say that he still expects the iPhone 5C to represent a new, plastic back, low-end smartphone, while the 5S will have an aluminum backing. He added that there will likely be a slight transition in Apple's iPhone lineup: The iPhone 5C will replace the iPhone 5, potentially disgruntling consumers in the short term. If that is the case, the iPhone 5S will be the high-end phone, the iPhone 5C will be in the middle, and the iPhone 4S will become the low-end phone. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV