Andrew Shepherd of Scarborough, Ontario will receive $10,000 and his donut will land a spot on the Tim Hortons menu
OAKVILLE, ON, Aug. 19, 2013 /CNW/ - Sixty-three thousand submissions, one vote from Jason Priestley and three head-to-head duels later, The Tortoise Torte, created by Andrew Shepherd has been named the winner of the first Tim Hortons Duelling Donuts contest. For a limited time, in the near future, The Tortoise Torte will inspire one of the next donuts to be added to the iconic Tim Hortons menu.
"Congratulations to Andrew for making Tim Hortons donut history. The Tortoise Torte was nothing short of awesome, and, who knows, it may become a new favourite for Tims fans across Canada," says Jason Priestley. "I had a great time judging the first-ever Tim Hortons Duelling Donuts contest. It was a quintessential Canadian moment and I'll remember it - and all the donuts I ate - for years to come."
Born in Hamilton, the birthplace of Tim Hortons, donuts were a regular treat for the now Scarborough resident. A self-proclaimed foodie, Shepherd saw the Duelling Donuts contest as an opportunity to flex his creative muscles in the virtual kitchen. The Tortoise Torte was inspired by a mix of Shepherd's favourite flavours - chocolate, caramel and pecans - a combination he felt was missing from the Tim Hortons menu. Made with a vanilla base donut, The Tortoise Torte is filled with caramel, covered in chocolate fondant, drizzled in caramel icing and topped with praline pecan pieces.After thousands of Canadian Tim Hortons fans from across the country cast their votes over the two week duelling period, The Tortoise Torte was declared number one.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV