NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Which real estate investment trusts are worthy of your investment?
TheStreet's Jim Cramer told Debra Borchardt that while the REIT space has been unattractive for much of 2013, it may be time to look at American Realty Capital (ARCP).
The company boasts a solid 7% dividend yield and, Cramer added, the CEO, Nick Schorsch, is excellent. Taking it one step further, he said to short General Growth Properties (GGP).
Switching from REITs to momentum stocks, Cramer said online real estate database Zillow (Z) made a brilliant acquisition in StreetEasy, the "go-to" site for New Yorkers, which should help Zillow gain exposure in that market.However, while the acquisition may have been good, he warned about Zillow's high short interest and big secondary offering of 2.5 million shares. The company may have to continue making acquisitions in order to keep up with Trulia (TRLA). -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV