Associated Estates Realty (NYSE: AEC) shares currently have a dividend yield of 5.20%. Associated Estates Realty Corporation is an independent real estate investment trust. The firm invests in the real estate markets of the United States. It specializes in owning and managing apartment communities in the Midwest, Mid-Atlantic and Southeast regions of the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 85.29. The average volume for Associated Estates Realty has been 894,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Associated Estates Realty has a market cap of $731.6 million and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are down 11.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Associated Estates Realty as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, deteriorating net income and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- AEC's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 10.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.2%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- ASSOCIATED ESTATES RLTY CORP has shown improvement in its earnings for its most recently reported quarter when compared with the same quarter a year earlier. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, ASSOCIATED ESTATES RLTY CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $0.02 versus -$0.27 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.38 versus $0.02).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 93.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $23.67 million to $1.64 million.
- This stock has managed to decline in share value by 3.40% over the past twelve months. Looking ahead, other than the push or pull of the broad market, we do not see anything in the company's numbers that may help reverse the decline experienced over the past 12 months. Despite the past decline, the stock is still selling for more than most others in its industry.
- You can view the full Associated Estates Realty Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts