American InterContinental University (AIU) has introduced a new adaptive learning platform that has improved classroom success by developing a personalized learning map that enables individual students to skip over what they already know and focus their time on what they need to learn.
“Today’s online students are looking for degree programs that fit into their already-busy lifestyle,” said Dr. Greg Washington, provost and vice president of campus operations at AIU. “Intelli path offers students a better learning experience by meeting them where they are with a custom learning plan and allowing them to make the most of their learning time.”
Intelli path assesses and identifies students’ current understanding of a topic and then tailors the type and order of the lessons presented to meet each student’s individual needs. The result is a custom learning map built around AIU’s powerful, specialized curriculum, with course content students can read, listen to or watch anytime from web-enabled devices. This allows students to focus on subjects they still need to master and skip over material they already know, making better use of their time.
AIU piloted the program in fall 2012 and saw improvement in several key markers of student success in both Math and English courses. For example, average final course scores for AIU students participating in intelli path’s adaptive learning pilot increased by 6.8% compared to students in non-adaptive courses. Withdrawal rates decreased 13.6% for students in the intelli path courses compared to those that did not integrate intelli path. Based on the results of the pilot, AIU has moved rapidly to integrate intelli path into additional courses such as Economics, Accounting and History.With AIU’s Intellipath program, students receive:
- Personalization: Intelli path provides a customized learning map that includes lessons, course material and interactive learning activities tailored to students’ knowledge level; intelli path also delivers course material in multiple formats so students can read, listen to or watch content
- Access anywhere, anytime: All AIU course content is accessible through one login and in one centralized location, making it easy for students to learn on their own time by accessing content anywhere, anytime from any web-enabled device
- Individualized support: Professors are industry specialists who work collaboratively with students and provide one-on-one support when needed
- Real-time progress: Students know their grades and where they are on each assignment in real-time throughout the course, allowing them to spend more time on areas where they need additional practice
- More-efficient learning: intelli path adjusts coursework based on students’ current knowledge levels to help them focus on topics where they need additional work and creates a foundational knowledge base to help them to connect the dots between concepts in other courses
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts