MELVILLE, N.Y., Aug. 19, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- FalconStor Software, Inc. (Nasdaq:FALC), a market leader in disk-based data protection, today announced that the latest version of its FalconStor ® Continuous Data Protector (CDP)and FalconStor ® Network Storage Server (NSS) data protection solutions with RecoverTrac™ disaster recovery (DR) automation technology now offer enhanced features for intelligently moving, storing, protecting and analyzing data without burdening production resources. The RecoverTrac tool now has more flexibility to automate failover and failback with greater accuracy in any physical, virtual or hybrid environment, including VMware and Hyper-V deployments.
- Minimal impact on production data: Production operations have full access to storage volumes while data is managed, protected and highly available – enables non-disruptive mining of copy data and eliminates the need for dedicated storage for business intelligence.
- Enhanced DR automation: RecoverTrac technology now offers flexible recovery to preserve resource allocation, customizable service awareness for accurate recovery, VMware vSphere 5.5 support, networking support for recovery with jumbo frames, and failback accuracy with prepare to failback.
- Microsoft environment protection: The RecoverTrac tool now supports protection and recovery of physical and virtual machines running Windows 2012 and any virtual machine running on Microsoft Hyper-V 3.0 environments.
- Secure, efficient replication: Customers can replicate multiple types of data quickly, each with its own encryption format, which adds an extra layer of security when moving data from the data center to remote locations.
- Stretch cluster configurator: New automated configurator simplifies the set up and configuration of stretch metro clusters, increasing data availability, reducing the risk of downtime and improving business continuity.
- Data movement to and from the cloud: The FalconStor NSS solution enables data migration to and from cloud infrastructures, allowing managed service providers to deliver business continuity, data protection and disaster recovery services.
- Microsoft Windows 2012 storage management support: Integration with the Windows 2012 storage management interface provides organizations a mechanism to manage, provision and monitor FalconStor storage devices from Windows 2012 servers.
- Further VMware integration: With FalconStor NSS storage virtualization technology, organizations can offload CPU-intensive read, write and clone processes to storage devices and can utilize thin provisioning with space reclamation support for all storage devices connected by vStorage APIs for Array Integration (VAAI).