Chevron Products Company, a Chevron U.S.A. Inc. division, maker of technologically advanced engine oils, lubricants and coolants, today introduced its new GST® Premium 32 turbine oil. The new oil has exceptional thermal and oxidative stability and meets strict requirements of a wide variety of turbine OEMs, including Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Siemens and Alstom. The product is well suited for power generation applications in markets like petrochemical production, utilities and heavy industry.
GST Premium turbine oil is specifically formulated for use in turbines where extreme temperatures are experienced. The oil offers oxidation and thermal stability for long service life at severe temperatures with minimal deposit formation and excellent varnish control. It is additionally suitable for industrial severe service applications requiring an R&O, ISO 32 circulating oil with extended service capability.
“Turbines are incredibly expensive and complicated pieces of equipment,” said Jeff Snyder, Industrial Brand Specialist, Chevron Products Company. “Regardless of the industry, the power production role they play is often critical. Any failures can have significant financial impact. Our new GST Premium 32 is designed to deliver long lubricant life, helping to minimize service intervals and to reduce component wear, ensuring equipment durability. We believe GST Premium 32 will help contribute to increased productivity and a better return on our customer’s turbine investment.”
The product combines highly refined group II base stocks and a unique additive package minimizing the formation of deposits in reservoirs, high temperature bearings and other hot areas of the turbine.GST Premium 32 delivers value through:
- Exceptional oxidation and thermal stability as dictated by the stringent MHI MS04-MA--CL002 specification.
- Rust and corrosion protection.
- High viscosity index to help ensure minimum viscosity change when variations in temperature occur.
- Minimum foaming to help prevent sump overflow or erratic governor operation.
- Fast air release to minimize possibility of pump cavitation in systems with high circulation rates and lesser residence time.
- Rapid water separation to facilitate water removal.
- Hydraulic fluid service for systems requiring an ISO 32 viscosity oil and pressures not exceeding 1000 psi.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts