Imation (NYSE:IMN), a global data storage and information security company, today announced its next-generation, Nexsan NST™ unified hybrid storage platform and NestOS™ 3.0, a highly scalable, flexible storage operating system. The new NST6000 platform adds Fibre Channel support and meets demanding SAN and NAS workloads without sacrificing performance.
The NST6000 is a fully unified hybrid storage platform, providing simultaneous support of block (Fibre Channel, iSCSI) and file-level (NFS, CIFS, SMB and FTP) data traffic in a single solution without additional software overhead or licenses. The NST6000 is ideal for organizations that need highly scalable and high-performance storage that supports SAN and NAS enterprise-class workloads at the same time.
An application-friendly hybrid storage system, the NST6000 leverages solid-state technology to create the FASTier™ acceleration tier. FASTier technology increases storage I/O performance, lowers latency and extends the life of SSDs. The NST6000 and FASTier acceleration technology are ideal for organizations that are growing their virtualized environments, expanding database applications and adding other applications that require adaptable, high-performance storage.
The first NST6000 model, the NST6530, features dedicated high performance controllers and a front-end FASTier caching engine connected to powerful and efficient Nexsan E-Series storage, to meet the most demanding random I/O performance requirements, up to five petabytes. Optimized for virtualized IT environments with high capacity requirements, the Nexsan NST6530 system will be demonstrated for the first time at VMworld 2013, from August 25-29 in San Francisco, at booth #847. The NST6530 system simultaneously supports large-scale I/O intensive workloads generated from multiple virtual machines.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV