Pulte was added to my subscription product, ValuTrader Model Portfolio at the open at $14.66 on Aug. 15 as that open was below my semiannual value level, now a pivot at $14.85. Subscribers use GTC limit orders to buy weakness to a value level and if an open is below that price the execution is at the opening price. At Friday's close this position is up 11.1%.
Ryland Group (RYL) ($36.31 vs. $40.20 on July 15) set its multi-year at $50.42 on May 20 and returned to its 200-day SMA on a reversion to the mean at $37.66 on June 21. My semiannual value level is $33.71 with a weekly pivot at $39.49, the 200-day SMA at $39.27 and quarterly risky level at $41.16.
Standard & Pacific (SPF) ($7.65 vs. $8.56 on July 15) set its multi-year at $9.97 on May 14 and returned to its 200-day SMA on a reversion to the mean at $7.91 on June 24. The 2013 low is $7.05 set on August 15 with a semiannual pivot at $8.73, the 200-day SMA at $8.09 and quarterly risky level at $9.03.
Toll Brothers (TOL) ($31.76 vs. $33.84 on July 15) set its multi-year at $39.25 on May 22 and returned to its 200-day SMA on a reversion to the mean at $33.91 on May 30. My semiannual value level is $24.57 with an annual pivot at $31.95, the 200-day SMA at $32.82 and monthly risky level at $35.95.At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @Suttmeier This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV