Avid Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ:AVID) today announced that on August 14, 2013 it received an anticipated additional notification from the staff of the NASDAQ Listing Qualifications Department (the “Staff”) of Avid's continued noncompliance with NASDAQ Listing Rule 5250(c)(1) due to Avid's delay in filing its Form 10-Q for the quarter ended June 30, 2013. The notification, which was superseded by a notification dated August 15, 2013 to correct a typographical error, was issued in accordance with NASDAQ procedure, which provides that failure to comply with the rule could serve as a basis for the delisting of Avid's stock from the NASDAQ Global Select Market.
The NASDAQ notification requires Avid to submit an update to its original plan to regain compliance with NASDAQ's filing requirements for continued listing by August 21, 2013. Avid intends to submit such an update to its original plan by the required date. If the Staff does not accept Avid's plan, Avid will have the opportunity to appeal that decision to a NASDAQ Hearings Panel. If the Staff accepts the Company's plan, the Staff could grant the Company until September 16, 2013, to regain compliance. The NASDAQ notice has no immediate effect on the listing of Avid's common stock on the NASDAQ Global Select Market.
As previously announced, the Company's annual report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2012 and quarterly reports on Form 10-Q for the quarters ended March 31, 2013 and June 30, 2013, could not be filed timely because the Company's ongoing accounting evaluation and the restatement of the Company's financial statements for the fiscal years ended December 31, 2011, 2010 and 2009 and for the quarterly periods ended March 31, 2012 and 2011, June 30, 2012 and 2011, and September 30, 2012 and 2011. The Company is working diligently to complete the accounting evaluation, the restatements and the filings as soon as possible.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV