LOS ANGELES, Aug. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Hub Network, a destination for kids and their families, kicks off Halloween early this year by announcing that Martha Stewart will appear as the Halloween expert as part of the panel of celebrity judges scheduled to participate in the network's nationwide costume competition on the "Hub Network's First Annual Halloween Bash," to be broadcast Saturday, October 26 . Anyone with a little imagination and creativity can compete for the best costume in America during the nationwide costume competition. Submissions begin Friday, August 16 and 50 semi-finalists representing each state in America will win a trip to Los Angeles to be a part of the two-hour star-studded event. One lucky winner will take home $25,000 and will have a chance at a walk-on role on the Hub Network's Daytime Emmy® Award-winning series, " R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour: The Series."
"With the nationwide Halloween costume competition, the Hub Network is creating a new cultural event around Halloween, which is one of the fastest growing holidays in the country for kids and their families," said Margaret Loesch, President & CEO of the Hub Network. "The 'Hub Network's First Annual Halloween Bash,' which was the brainchild of our Chief Marketing Officer Dena Kaplan, will star real people from all over America in a fun celebration that is sure to become a cornerstone event every October."
Martha Stewart, well known for her expertise in entertaining, food, crafting, and holidays, will be the Halloween expert on the panel of celebrity judges for the costume competition. Stewart's love of Halloween arts and crafts, including extraordinary costumes – her yearly Halloween issue, which will include a feature of Martha in costume, will be on newsstands September 2nd – makes her the perfect fit for the "Hub Network's First Annual Halloween Bash." A celebrity host, additional judges, and musical acts will be announced shortly.The competition is open to all ages, including individuals or a maximum of five people per group submission. Participants are encouraged to create eye-popping, hair-raising and spooky costumes within one of the following six categories:
- Howl-arious – Shows the lighter side of Halloween with a take on a fun, funny or otherwise hilarious costume.
- Spook-tacular – Get ready to frighten America by showcasing the most spine-chilling costume for all the ghosts and ghouls out there.
- Mad Genius – Unique, original, innovative and never seen before. A knight in armor fashioned from bottle caps, bat wings made from old umbrellas, or a cardboard-box jetpack, the possibilities are endless. Display a costume unlike any other — show your Mad Genius.
- Blast from the Past – Take a stroll down memory lane with a timeless costume. Memories, nostalgia and yesteryear brought to life. Show your take on great figures from before the 20 th century or a retro 50's sock hop get up, 60's flower child or other "period" inspired costumes.
- Animal Kingdom – Transform into a living creature from the past or present. Be a roaring lion, a school of jellyfish, a firefly, or a Tyrannosaurus Rex.
- Everyday Stuff – We're looking for the coolest refrigerator/freezer, remote control, mailbox, block of Swiss cheese, telephone and more. Be creative and transform the ordinary into the extra-ordinary.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV