Aug. 16, 2013
The Hub Network,
a destination for kids and their families, kicks off
early this year by announcing that
will appear as the
expert as part of the panel of celebrity judges scheduled to participate in the network's nationwide costume competition on the
"Hub Network's First Annual Halloween Bash,"
to be broadcast
Saturday, October 26
. Anyone with a little imagination and creativity can compete for the best costume in America during the nationwide costume competition. Submissions begin
Friday, August 16
and 50 semi-finalists representing each state in America will win a trip to
to be a part of the two-hour star-studded event. One lucky winner will take home
and will have a chance at a walk-on role on the Hub Network's Daytime Emmy® Award-winning series, "
The Haunting Hour: The Series."
"With the nationwide
costume competition, the Hub Network is creating a new cultural event around
, which is one of the fastest growing holidays in the country for kids and their families," said
, President & CEO of the Hub Network. "The 'Hub Network's First Annual
Bash,' which was the brainchild of our Chief Marketing Officer
, will star real people from all over America in a fun celebration that is sure to become a cornerstone event every October."
, well known for her expertise in entertaining, food, crafting, and holidays, will be the
expert on the panel of celebrity judges for the costume competition. Stewart's love of
arts and crafts, including extraordinary costumes – her yearly
issue, which will include a feature of Martha in costume, will be on newsstands
– makes her the perfect fit for the "Hub Network's First Annual
Bash." A celebrity host, additional judges, and musical acts will be announced shortly.
The competition is open to all ages, including individuals or a maximum of five people per group submission. Participants are encouraged to create eye-popping, hair-raising and spooky costumes within one of the following six categories:
- Howl-arious – Shows the lighter side of Halloween with a take on a fun, funny or otherwise hilarious costume.
- Spook-tacular – Get ready to frighten America by showcasing the most spine-chilling costume for all the ghosts and ghouls out there.
- Mad Genius – Unique, original, innovative and never seen before. A knight in armor fashioned from bottle caps, bat wings made from old umbrellas, or a cardboard-box jetpack, the possibilities are endless. Display a costume unlike any other — show your Mad Genius.
- Blast from the Past – Take a stroll down memory lane with a timeless costume. Memories, nostalgia and yesteryear brought to life. Show your take on great figures from before the 20 th century or a retro 50's sock hop get up, 60's flower child or other "period" inspired costumes.
- Animal Kingdom – Transform into a living creature from the past or present. Be a roaring lion, a school of jellyfish, a firefly, or a Tyrannosaurus Rex.
- Everyday Stuff – We're looking for the coolest refrigerator/freezer, remote control, mailbox, block of Swiss cheese, telephone and more. Be creative and transform the ordinary into the extra-ordinary.
Friday, August 16
, viewers can visit
to view a two-minute tutorial detailing complete details and entry information about the nationwide costume competition. The deadline to enter is
Sunday, September 29
The "Hub Network's First Annual
Bash" is a live-to-tape special that will take place at Barker Hanger in
Santa Monica, Calif.
("Nickelodeon's Kids Choice Awards"; Fox's "TEEN CHOICE" Awards) serves as executive producer and
is producer for Bob Bain Productions.
About the Hub Network
Network is a multi-platform joint venture between Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) and Hasbro, Inc., (NASDAQ: HAS) with a goal of entertaining, enlightening, empowering and educating children and their families. The cable and satellite television network features original programming as well as content from Discovery's library of award-winning children's educational programming; from Hasbro's rich portfolio of entertainment and educational properties built during the past 90 years; and from leading third-party producers worldwide. The Hub Network's lineup includes animated and live-action series, as well as specials, game shows, and family-favorite movies. The network extends its content through a robust and engaging online presence at
. The Hub Network rebranded from Discovery Kids on
October 10, 2010
, and is available in over 72 million U.S. households. The Hub Network logo and name are trademarks of Hub Television Networks, LLC. All rights reserved.
To find the channel in your area, please visit
and check the channel locator at the top of the page.
Visit the Hub Network on Facebook at
Note: For artwork, visit
SOURCE The Hub Network