CLERMONT, Ky., Aug. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Beam Inc. (NYSE: BEAM), a leading global premium spirits company, recently celebrated the opening of Fred's Smokehouse on the grounds of its flagship distillery in Clermont, Ky. Named after seventh generation master distiller and great-grandson of Jim Beam, Fred Noe, Fred's Smokehouse embodies the same heritage of the historic Beam family smokehouse built by Jim Beam himself and still located in Bardstown, Ky., while offering a modern, bourbon-inspired twist to traditional Kentucky fare. Inspired by the bold, rich flavor of some of Beam's best-selling whiskies, the menu includes selections such as Devil's Cut™ Pulled Pork BBQ on a Brioche Bun, Aunt Mimi's mouthwatering bourbon baked beans and a signature homemade chocolate bourbon pie with Graeter's Jim Beam® Bourbon ice cream.
"What an honor," said Noe. "Not only does the distillery's first cafe bear my name, but Fred's Smokehouse truly embodies my family's heritage. It's a place where our friends can pull up a chair, enjoy some bourbon favorites and be a part of our family."
Adjacent to the Jim Beam American Stillhouse, the bourbon-inspired cafe is a casual respite for guests looking for one more way to enjoy the world's No. 1 selling bourbon as they soak in the distillery history. The red-barn building, which was originally built on the distillery grounds in 2005, was used to house Jim Beam's antique fire truck until the distillery restored and reopened it as a counter-service cafe overlooking the rolling foothills of Kentucky and the historic Jim Beam Distillery. Callahan's of Louisville caters the restaurant and its menu, made mostly of Kentucky products and featuring select recipes from Fred's personal memoir Beam, Straight Up (Wiley; September 2012). Menu prices range from $1.49 to $8.99.About The Jim Beam American Stillhouse A replica of a 1930s stillhouse, the Jim Beam American Stillhouse showcases the centuries-old Jim Beam Bourbon-making process from start to finish. Guided tours ($8) start with Beam's natural limestone water well and take guests through the mashing, distilling, barreling, storing and bottling lines. A total whiskey immersion engages the senses, while also offering guests a historical look at The First Family of Bourbon. Complimentary self-guided tours are also available. The Jim Beam American Stillhouse also offers guests a one-of-a-kind retail experience with branded items featuring the world's No.1-selling Bourbon Jim Beam, Knob Creek ® Bourbon, Red Stag by Jim Beam ™, Devil's Cut, Basil Hayden's ® Bourbon, Old Tub ® and Old Grand Dad ®, as well a variety of exclusive offerings, including:
- Jim Beam ® American Stillhouse 2013 Clermont Limited-Edition Bourbon – Hand-numbered and signed by Noe, only 7,500 bottles of this seven-year-old whiskey are available (SRP: $39.99)
- Fred's Smokehouse Decanters – Since the early 1950s, hundreds of Beam decanters have celebrated history, sports, politics and more. The limited-edition ceramic decanter commemorates the grand opening of Fred's Smokehouse and retails exclusively at the Jim Beam American Stillhouse for $149.99. The decanters were expertly crafted by Louisville Stoneware.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV