LOS ANGELES, Aug. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Ralphs Grocery Company is pleased to announce that it is raising funds to support after-school education programs in Southern California.
Ralphs customers and associates can support after-school programs in their local schools through the supermarket chain's nonprofit arm, The Ralphs Fund, by donating their spare change in collection canisters located at the checkstands in their neighborhood Ralphs supermarket. The After-School Education Program fundraising campaign will run through November 9, 2013.
"Ralphs' commitment to education goes back to the very beginning of our company," said Donna Giordano, Ralphs president. "We are continuing that commitment today. Our checkstand canister fundraising program and the generosity of our customers and associates allow us to provide support to numerous youth development organizations as well as a broad range of after-school and physical education programs."Together with its customers and associates, Ralphs contributed more than $2.1 million in 2012 to programs focused on educating our youth, including after-school enrichment programs. Ralphs Grocery Company was founded in 1873 and currently operates 237 supermarkets from its headquarters in Los Angeles. Last year, Ralphs contributed more than $6 million to support education, hunger relief, women's health and local nonprofit organizations in the communities served by the company's stores. Ralphs is a subsidiary of The Kroger Co., (NYSE: KR), one of the nation's largest food retailers, based in Cincinnati, Ohio. For more about Ralphs, please visit our web site at www.ralphs.com. SOURCE Ralphs Grocery Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV