3. As of noon trading, Emerson Electric ( EMR) is up $0.37 (0.6%) to $61.25 on light volume. Thus far, 1.2 million shares of Emerson Electric exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $60.64-$61.47 after having opened the day at $60.67 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $60.88. Emerson Electric Co., a diversified technology company, engages in designing and supplying products and technology, and providing engineering services and solutions to the industrial, commercial, and consumer markets worldwide. Emerson Electric has a market cap of $44.4 billion and is part of the technology sector. Shares are up 15.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Emerson Electric a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 16 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Emerson Electric as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Emerson Electric Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts