Another stock that's starting to move within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade is Organovo (ONVO), a three-dimensional biology company focused on delivering breakthrough bioprinting technology and creating tissue on demand for research and medical applications. This stock has been on fire so far in 2013, with shares up sharply by 133%.
If you look at the chart for Organovo, you'll notice that this stock recently pulled back sharply from its high of $8.50 to its recent low of $4.43 a share. During that move, shares of ONVO were consistently making lower highs and lower lows, which is bearish technical price action. That said, the downside volatility stopped for ONVO once it hit $4.43 a share, and the stock has now reversed its downtrend and entered an uptrend. That move is quickly pushing ONVO within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade.Traders should now look for long-biased trades in ONVO if it manages to break out above some near-term overhead resistance levels at $6.20 to $6.65 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that hits near or above its three-month average action of 2 million shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then ONVO will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $7.50 to its 52-week high at $8.50 a share. Any high-volume move above $8.50 will then put its all-time high at $10.90 within range for shares of ONVO. Traders can look to buy ONVO off any weakness to anticipate that breakout and simply use a stop that sits right below its 50-day at $5.07 a share, or just below $5 a share. One can also buy ONVO off strength once it takes out that breakout levels with volume and then simply use a stop that sits a comfortable percentage from your entry point.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV