Tight cost controls helped Brocade beat analysts' forecasts in its third-quarter results. Carney, who took over as CEO earlier this year, pointed out strong Storage Area Networks (SAN) sales and robust VDX switch revenue on the earnings call as well.
"In our view, evidence is emerging that a more focused, streamlined BRCD is in the works only ~2 quarters into the new CEO's tenure," wrote ISI Group analyst Brian Marshall, in a note. Marshall, who has a 'buy' rating on the company, raised his Brocade price target to $9 from $7.50.
Shares of Brocade, which have climbed more than 48% this year, crept up 0.15% to $7.92 during Friday trading.
--Written by James Rogers in New York.Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV