Silver has surged 18% since the start of August, making it the most appealing precious metals asset to trade. The surge may not be over, either.
"Silver certainly gives you more alpha," Rick Rule, chairman of Sprott USA, said in an interview. "If you're buying silver... to preserve your purchasing power over time or maybe to get a little alpha over the gold trade -- the gold precious metals trade -- then by all means this is a fair time to be in the market."
Among volume leaders, Barrick Gold (ABX) was off 2.2%.Gold ETF SPDR Gold Trust (GLD) was up 0.21% to $131.96 a share, while iShares Gold Trust (IAU) was down 0.32% to $13.28. -- Written by Joe Deaux in New York. >Contact by Email. Follow @JoeDeaux
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV