Risk management is everything in this business. You can make all the money you can, but if you get hit by one of the many stocks that Herb red-flagged over the years, that stock can wipe out a huge amount of your profits. Herb's the first to admit that he can be wrong, another trait I will always love about him, but in my experience, he's a lot more right than he is wrong. And when the React-O-Meter goes spinning out of control, look out, you might be stepping on a real landmine. (If you don't know what the React-O-Meter is, go to Google. It's the first entry.)
So, the most critical mind in the biz is back in the fold -- and we will still get to see him on CNBC. It's the best of both worlds, the way I see it. Herb's presence is our legitimacy once again.
Ignore us at your own risk. You can't afford not to read Herb Greenberg.
Welcome back, dear friend, you were sorely missed.Jim Cramer is the co-founder of TheStreet and one of its largest shareholders. Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, held no positions in stocks mentioned.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV