The company owns substantial real estate, including 482 restaurant locations (land and building), and an additional 78 (building only). There's also a 937 acre farm in Ohio, a 30 acre farm in Texas, and an additional 41 acres in Ohio where the company is building its new corporate headquarters.
I'll monitor this group of companies moving forward in order to determine whether smaller companies that are simultaneously paying dividends and buying back stock can be as lucrative for investors, as larger companies can be.At the time of publication the author had no position in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @JonMHellerCFA This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV