CHARLOTTE, N.C., Aug. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- General Dynamics Armament and Technical Products recently was awarded a $67.5 million contract by the U.S. Army for the production of Hydra-70 air-to-ground rockets. Hydra rockets can be mounted on most helicopters and some fixed wing aircraft and employ a variety of warheads to meet a wide range of mission requirements for all branches of the U.S. military and select allies.
The Army Contracting Command in Redstone Arsenal, Ala., awarded the contract. Deliveries under this order are expected to be completed by the end of 2015. This contract is a modification to a previously awarded contract and that the cumulative value of General Dynamics' Hydra rocket work to more than $1 billion.
"General Dynamics has been the system integrator for the production of Hydra rockets since 1996," said Steve Elgin, vice president and general manager of armament systems. "As a low-risk, high-quality supplier, we work closely with the Army to deliver a weapon that is affordable and reliable in action."
General Dynamics' work on the Hydra rocket will be done at the company's Camden, Ark., and Springboro, Ohio, facilities, which together employ more than 375 workers. Engineering service support and program management are performed at General Dynamics' technology center in Williston, Vt., which employs approximately 275 workers.General Dynamics Armament and Technical Products has been consolidated into General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems, a business unit of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD). For more information about General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems, please visit www.gd-ots.com. More information about General Dynamics is available at www.generaldynamics.com. SOURCE General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV