The Cordys platform will provide OpenText customers with a robust platform suitable for all types of process and case-oriented workloads from a single system, and its highly modular architecture supports co-existence with other BPM systems, ECM (Enterprise Content Management) and CEM (Customer Experience Management) products, as well as third-party systems.
"We are very excited to be part of the OpenText family," said Art Landro, Chief Executive Officer of Cordys. "Our products will add exceptional value to their EIM suite of solutions, and will position OpenText as the leader in the cloud and PaaS marketplace. Together, we can provide customers and partners with a multi-tenant BPM and case management solution with cloud and hybrid deployment options, as well as support ISVs and MSPs looking to take solutions into their markets. The advanced BPM and PaaS technologies of Cordys, and the impressive resources, customer base, and global reach of OpenText make us the perfect team at the perfect time to take a leadership position in this expanding market."
Powerful Process Automation RoadmapThe Cordys acquisition, together with the purchase of ICCM Solutions (announced July 31, 2013), extends OpenText's existing BPM and case management offerings to meet the needs of the most demanding enterprise customers. Highlights of the broader process automation portfolio include:
- The Cordys platform will be referred to as "OpenText Cordys" and will complement OpenText's existing BPM offerings.
- The existing BPM products will continue to be strategic offerings for on-premises solutions deployment, and will continue to receive product enhancements, full maintenance and support services, and professional services support in perpetuity.
- OpenText is planning to offer a unified user interface across its core on-premises BPM systems so that users can easily and uniformly access work items across multiple process engines.
- ICCM's Assure remains the solution for customers wanting to build smart process applications in-house, and also as the foundation for OpenText's packaged smart process applications offerings. OpenText Assure runs today on top of the OpenText MBPM platform and it will also be ported to the OpenText Cordys platform to give customers the flexibility to deploy their smart process applications in the cloud or on-premises.
The transaction is now complete and the approximate purchase price was $33 million USD.For more information, please contact your OpenText sales representative at BPMSales@OpenText.com. As one of the five foundational pillars of OpenText's Enterprise Information Management (EIM) strategy, OpenText Business Process Management (BPM) solutions deliver improved business insight, higher process velocity, and greater business impact through strategic planning, automation, and optimization of business processes. Our process and case management solutions empower employees to work more efficiently, improve the orchestration of complex processes, and outperform their business goals with real-time business insight. For further information on OpenText Business Process Management (BPM) and process applications, including cloud, on-premise and hybrid approaches:
- Visit OpenText's BPM pages
- Find additional commentary about the acquisition on our Because Process Matters blog
- Read the blog of Mark Barrenechea, OpenText's CEO
- Visit the OpenText EIM Resource Center, where you can review the latest customer videos, whitepapers and more
- Register to attend OpenText Enterprise World 2013 in Orlando, Florida, November 17-21
- Follow OpenText on Twitter @opentext, LinkedIn ( www.linkedin.com/company/OpenText) and Facebook ( www.facebook.com/opentext)