5 Steps to Getting Your Workers Eating Healthy Snacks
Unfortunately, you may find you'll need to be in or near a major metropolitan area to ensure access to healthier snacking options and "fancier" vending machines, Clark says, adding that it takes a "conscious effort" to find the right vendor who can bring in something healthy that's not also going to be twice the price.
Also, healthy snacks will cost more, Clark cautions. Companies must decide whether they want to subsidize the snacks or run the risk of irritating employees who are upset that things are more expensive.
"I see a lot of employers frustrated with complexity of it, both the difficulty in locating a responsive stable vendor and a reasonable cost," he says.
3.) Decide what kind of message you want to send."For an employer who is not really invested in wellness and trying to make that part of company culture, why would you do anything differently?" Clark asks. "It's much easier to stock a traditional snack machine, so unless you are offering a comprehensive wellness program at your office, don't bother." Many companies start out with good intentions for a health program, offering the occasional "lunch and learn" that focuses on weight loss or sending out an email newsletter with health tips, but over time those things often aren't sustained, Clark says.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV