VANCOUVER, Aug. 15, 2013 /CNW/ - Coalspur Mines Limited ("Coalspur" or "Company") (ASX: CPL, TSX: CPT) is able to report further progress on its application for regulatory approval of the Vista project ("Vista") in Alberta, Canada. Coalspur has received a formal notice of hearing from the Alberta Energy Regulator (the "AER"), which effectively confirms that Vista is in the final stages of the application review process. Coalspur expects this to be the final step prior to the AER issuing the licences necessary for the development of Vista.
The AER has been able to issue this notice because all technical and environmental matters pertaining to Vista have been satisfactorily dealt with. Following a final review in late September, the AER will decide whether a hearing will be set down to resolve any outstanding concerns. The Company is actively engaged with the AER to complete the application process under the new regulations, which have been in effect since 17 June 2013.
Coalspur has undertaken extensive stakeholder engagement over the last two years with all parties that could be impacted by Vista. As a result of this engagement, there is strong community support for Vista, and the Company has reached agreement with a number of potentially impacted parties and been able to reduce the Statements of Concern ("SOC") lodged with the AER down to seven active SOCs. Coalspur continues to engage with parties that it believes may be legitimately impacted by Vista and is confident that its discussions will be concluded within the timeframe stipulated by the AER.
Coalspur also notes that Canadian National Railway Company ("CN") has received final approval from the Canadian Transportation Agency for construction of the planned rail line which will provide CN with access to Vista's loading site.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV