GameStop, the world’s largest multichannel retailer of video games, is offering the public and PowerUp Rewards ™ members an unforgettable experience in meeting celebrities and video gaming luminaries, getting autographs and playing games months before release at the ultimate event for gaming fans: GameStop EXPO at the Sands Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nev. on Wednesday, Aug. 28.
GameStop EXPO attendees will have the chance to meet the following special guests during the event:
- Indiana Pacers basketball player Paul George signing autographs in the 2K booth from 1:30-2:30 p.m.
- McFarlane Toys Founder and Legendary Spawn artist, Todd McFarlane, at 10:00-11:30 a.m. at the McFarlane Toys booth. Fans will also receive a FREE limited-edition McFarlane designed Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag mini-poster, meet game developers and see what’s new in the highly-anticipated Assassin's Creed ® IV Black Flag ™ in the Ubisoft booth.
- Named one of the best video game concept artists on the planet, Jesse van Dijk, known for his work on Destiny ™ , will be signing autographs at the Activision booth
- One of the industry’s brightest stars: Nolan North. Well known for his voice work as Nathan Drake from the Uncharted series, Desmond Miles from Assassin’s Creed, the Penguin in Batman: Arkham City and many more memorable characters, North will be available for autographs at the Turtle Beach booth from 10:00-11:00 a.m. and 2:00-3:00 p.m. *times subject to change
- Matt Kenseth, driver of the No. 18 GameStop Toyota, and get his autograph from 12:00-2:00 p.m. at the NASCAR/Toyota booth
For other photo opportunities, fans can:
- Bring their mates, deck themselves in the finest pirate garb and get a souvenir photo at the Assassin's Creed ® IV Black Flag ™ photo booth and have their photo taken with a life-size Connor Kenway statue – all within the Ubisoft booth
- Get mistaken for zombies after getting their face painted like those in Dying Light at the Warner Bros. booth
- Be "COOL" and have a picture taken with the kids of South Park ™ at the South Park ™: The Stick of Truth ™ photo booth – and don’t forget to get free ice-cream at Mr. Hanky’s soft serve ice-cream truck
- Visit the Adventure Time Finn and Jake Giant Balloon and come dressed as their favorite Adventure Time character to enter a costume contest for prizes at the D3P Booth. Even if one isn’t dressing up, they can swing by and preview upcoming titles like Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON’T KNOW!, Regular Show: Mordecai and Rigby in 8-Bit Land, Ben 10 Omniverse 2, BEYBLADE: Evolution, and get a glimpse at Earth Defense Force 2025!
- Get a photo with all five of the Power Rangers MEGAFORCE ® and the one and only PAC-MAN ™
- Behold Cinderella’s carriage, monster-truck style, as seen in Disney’s upcoming Infinity
Gamers can also play with some of the newest and most anticipated games coming soon:
- Call of Duty ® : Ghosts
- Skylanders SWAP Force
- Diablo III
- Batman: Arkham Origins
- LEGO ® Marvel ™ Super Heroes
- Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure
- Get their hands on HALO Avatar figure giveaways from McFarlane Toys
- Have a chance to win a throned Dracula statue thanks to Konami Digital Entertainment
- Get to the Sony booth to jump in a Gran Turismo 6 playable sled and enter to win a PS4 and other items
- Pick up Call of Duty ® pointers from top ranked gamer Jordan "ProoFy" Cannon and enter a raffle to win the Xbox 360 he’ll be playing on at the Otterbox booth
- Visit the GameStick booth to get hands on the world’s most portable game console and enter a drawing to win one of 200 units
- Collectibles featuring Mass Effect, Minecraft, Assassin’s Creed, Walking Dead, Star Wars, LEGO and more
- The hottest new video game titles like Madden 25 and Splinter Cell: Blacklist
- Activision’s Skylanders ® Giants starter packs, figures, backpacks and more
- Disney Infinity
- Collector’s edition games and game accessories
- Headphones from Skull Candy
- Tablets, media players and phones