ATCHISON, Kan., Aug. 15, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- MGP Ingredients, Inc. (Nasdaq:MGPI) (the "Company") today commented on the report issued by Institutional Shareholder Services (ISS), a leading provider of proxy voting advisory services to institutions and other professional investors, regarding the director nominees and proposals to be voted upon at MGP's Annual Meeting of Stockholders to be held on August 23, 2013.
MGP's Independent Directors issued the following statement in response to the ISS report:
"ISS' recommendation against the Cray Group's proposals underscores the danger for common stockholders in turning over even more control of MGP to the Cray family. We are pleased that ISS recognizes the self-serving nature of the Cray Group's proposals and their attempt to turn MGP into a quasi-private company at the expense of the common stockholders."The ISS report dated August 15, 2013 states:
- " Approval of this proposal along with other proposals brought forward by the dissidents would enable the Cray family to accelerate the removal of B directors, including those independent directors who have recently, in an open letter to shareholders, opposed the proponents and expressed their intent to fulfill their fiduciary duties and work in the best interest of all shareholders."
- "While the ability to call special meetings generally enhances the rights of shareholders, the dissident is the most likely beneficiary of the proposed special meeting right and could use such right to strengthen board control to the detriment of common shareholders."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV