GasLog Ltd. ("GasLog" or the "Company") (NYSE: GLOG) today announced that it has ordered two new 174,000 cbm Tri-Fuel Diesel Electric LNG carriers from Samsung Heavy Industries Co., Ltd. ("Samsung") in South Korea. The vessels are expected to be delivered in Q3 and Q4 2016, respectively, and upon delivery will commence firm seven-year charters with a subsidiary of BG Group plc ("BG Group"). Due to the benefits accrued from building a series of ships, these vessels will have a lower delivered cost than the 2 vessels ordered in February, 2013 and are expected to generate a combined annualized EBITDA 1 of approximately US$46–$47million over the first twelve months of operation. In addition, GasLog has secured up to 6 additional options from Samsung, 4 of which are priced, with delivery dates through 2017.
Following the recent successful delivery of the GasLog Skagen into a BG Group charter, GasLog now has a fourteen-ship fully owned fleet, of which six ships have been delivered and are on charter and eight ships are either under construction or to be constructed. Two of the vessels to be delivered will go on charter to Shell and a further four to BG. The strength of GasLog’s existing fleet commitments and the addition of these new fixed rate term charters gives GasLog additional flexibility to look at a range of charter periods for its two open vessels, scheduled for delivery at the end of 2014 and beginning of 2015. In particular, these factors allow GasLog to be opportunistic in placing these vessels into shorter-term charters if the Company determines such charters would be beneficial to the overall profitability.
Due to the support of Samsung Heavy Industries and the consequently attractive terms achieved, and the recent successful launch of our Norwegian Bond, GasLog does not currently foresee the need to raise new equity within the next couple of years to fund these two new orders.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV