Home Depot (HD)
Home Depot, together with its subsidiaries, operates as a home improvement retailer.
52-Week Range: $54.97 to $81.56Price To Book: 6.9 Home Depot investors are just as excited about the upcoming earnings release as Lowe's shareholders. Investors are expecting a growing report before the market opens on Tuesday. The analysts' consensus profit appraisal is presently $1.21 a share, a gain of 20 cents (16.5%) from $1.01 during the corresponding quarter last year. The lowest analyst estimate this report is $1.15 per share, and the highest is $1.26 per share. If The Home Depot delivers at least the expected results this report, this quarter will also beat last quarter. Over half the analysts covering Home Depot rate it as a buy or strong buy; 15 of the 26 analysts covering the company give a buy recommendation. Analysts, overall, have called this one correctly. In the last 12 months, the shares have accelerated higher with one year return of 42%. The average analyst current target price for The Home Depot is relatively more optimistic than Lowe's at $86.29. All of my home improvement space thoughts for Lowe's apply equally to Home Depot. The biggest difference between the two is Home Depot has a store close enough that I can perform an occasional walk through for anecdotal purposes. Home Depot pays a slightly higher yield than Lowe's. Investors are receiving $1.56 in dividends for a yield of 2%. Shares closed Thursday near support on the weekly chart and investors looking to buy on a dip have found it. Unless they blow it during earnings, expect the shares to work their way above $80 again relatively soon. HD Revenue Quarterly data by YCharts
At the time of publication the author had no position in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @RobertWeinstein This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV