- Diversification strategy to deliver sustainable revenue growth outside of wind farm development and construction fee revenue is progressing:
- The Clean Energy Asset Ownership segment revenue is driving nearly $3.1 million of revenue on an annualized basis.
- Engineering Consulting services segment contributed approximately $6.2 million in revenue since the April 2012 acquisition and is now providing the Company with increased capabilities beyond wind and into the full range of clean energy sectors including natural gas, biomass, waste-to-energy, medium-to-large on-site solar, and support to larger wind farm construction.
- Maintenance and management services revenues in the three months ended June 30, 2013 increased 71% quarter-over-quarter primarily related to our expansion to cellular tower maintenance services.
- Total revenue increased by approximately $1,057,000, or 56.3%, from approximately $1,879,000 for the quarter ended June 30, 2012, to approximately $2,936,000 for the quarter ended June 30, 2013.
- Total revenue increased $2,382,000 to $5,467,000 or 77.2% for the six months ended June 30 th, 2013 as compared to approximately $3,085,000 for the six months ended June 30 th, 2012. The increases in revenue are primarily attributable to the increased revenues from the effects of the acquisition of Power Engineers Collaborative in 2012 along with the expansion of maintenance services into the cellular tower industry.
- Operating expenses, as a percentage of our revenue, are 51% of revenue for the six month period ended June 30, 2013 as compared to 79% for the six months ended June 30, 2012, indicating that we have controlled our indirect overhead expenses while simultaneously achieving the revenue growth which we expect to trend in this direction.
- Operating loss increased approximately $466,000, from an operating loss of $1,138,000 for the six months ended June 30, 2012 to an operating loss of approximately $1,604,000 for the six months ended June 30, 2013, which is primarily attributable to the start-up expenses and difficult startup operating margins in establishing the tower services capability of Juhl Tower Services – a subsidiary of our Juhl Energy Services.
- Net loss decreased by approximately $20,000 or 1.3% from a net loss of approximately $1,520,000 for the six months ended June 30, 2012 to a net loss of approximately $1,500,000 for the six months ended June 30, 2013, which is primarily attributable to a $704,000 swing in the fair value adjustments of the interest rate swap arrangement, net of the operating loss incurred in the Juhl Tower Services activities as noted above and a $267,000 income tax benefit shown in 2012 whereas there is no such tax benefit recorded in 2013.
- Basic and diluted net loss per share of $0.08 per common share for the six months ended June 30, 2012 compares to the $0.09 net loss per common share for six months ended June 30, 2013.
Juhl Energy, Inc. Announces Revenue Growth Of 77% For Six-Month Period Ended June 30th, 2013
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.