Aspen Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ: AZPN), a leading provider of software and services to the process industries, today announced financial results for its fourth quarter and fiscal year 2013, ended June 30, 2013.
Mark Fusco, Chief Executive Officer of AspenTech, said, “The fourth quarter completed another very strong year for AspenTech. The company outperformed on each of its key financial metrics during fiscal 2013, highlighted by 13% total license contract value growth, 43% free cash flow growth, and better than expected profitability. We are seeing continued customer interest in our aspenONE® subscription software offering, and believe we have a significant opportunity to increase the product penetration rate and usage levels among our large base of blue chip customers.”
Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2013 and Recent Business Highlights
- The license portion of total contract value was $1.65 billion at the end of fiscal 2013, which increased 4.7% sequentially and 13.0% compared to the end of fiscal 2012.
- Total contract value, including the value of bundled maintenance, was $1.9 billion at the end of fiscal 2013, which increased 5.5% sequentially and 15.1% compared to the end of fiscal 2012.
- Annual spend, which the company defines as the annualized value of all term license and maintenance revenue contracts at the end of the quarter, was approximately $338 million at the end of fiscal 2013, which increased 4.9% sequentially and 11.1% compared to the end of fiscal 2012.
Summary of Fourth Quarter Fiscal Year 2013 Financial ResultsAspenTech’s total revenue of $83.3 million increased 30.1% from $64.0 million in the fourth quarter of the prior year.
- Subscription and software revenue was $65.2 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2013, an increase from $45.8 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012.
- Services & other revenue was $18.0 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2013, compared to $18.2 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012.