One under-$10 name that's starting to trend within range of triggering a big breakout trade is Taser International (TASR), which develops, manufactures and sells advanced electronic control devices designed for use in law enforcement, military, corrections, private security and personal defense. This stock is off to a slow start in 2013, with shares up 9.7%.
If you take a look at the chart for TASER International, you'll notice that this stock just recently broke out back above its 50-day moving average of $8.99 a share with strong upside volume. Following that move, shares of TASR went on to take out some more near-term overhead resistance levels at $9.05 to $9.30 a share with strong volume. Shares of TASR now look ready to trigger another big breakout trade as the stock flirts with new 52-week highs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV