One under-$10 name that's starting to trend within range of triggering a big breakout trade is Taser International ( TASR), which develops, manufactures and sells advanced electronic control devices designed for use in law enforcement, military, corrections, private security and personal defense. This stock is off to a slow start in 2013, with shares up 9.7%.
If you take a look at the chart for TASER International, you'll notice that this stock just recently broke out back above its 50-day moving average of $8.99 a share with strong upside volume. Following that move, shares of TASR went on to take out some more near-term overhead resistance levels at $9.05 to $9.30 a share with strong volume. Shares of TASR now look ready to trigger another big breakout trade as the stock flirts with new 52-week highs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV