Stephanie Link, co-manager of Jim Cramer's charitable trust, Action Alerts Plus, told TheStreet's Lindsey Bell that expectations were high for the fourth quarter, which is seasonally the strongest quarter for Cisco, up 34% in 2013.
While the company beat earnings estimates, it provided weaker-than-expected guidance and announced it would be slashing 4,000 jobs, Link said. Although it was a mixed report, she found the selloff as a buying opportunity, especially when looking at the longer term. CSCO is already an Action Alerts Plus holding.
She added that Cisco was moving away from its switches and routers business, and into higher growth areas such as security, software, and services.While the macro environment remains challenging, growth in Europe and the U.S. have been strong, she said. Overall, Link is a buyer based on Cisco's low valuation, strong cash flow and positive catalysts. She added that she also likes Symantec (SYMC) on a pullback, along with Google (GOOG), Facebook (FB) and Apple (AAPL). FB and AAPL are also Action Alerts Plus holdings. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV