DENVER, Aug. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CoBank has filed a formal notice of opposition with the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office against a trademark application by Green Dot (NYSE: GDOT) for Green Dot's new "GoBank" bank account service.
The notice of opposition states that CoBank is the owner of various well-established trademarks incorporating the "CoBank" name and has been doing business using those marks since 1989. The notice states that Green Dot's recent application to register the "GoBank" service "is likely to cause confusion, or to cause mistake, or to deceive, particularly as to the source or origin of the goods and services with which Applicant uses its mark, to induce purchasers to believe that the goods and services of Applicant are those of Opposer, or are endorsed by, or are in some way affiliated or associated with Opposer."
CoBank is requesting that the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office's Trademark Trial and Appeal Board deny Green Dot's application for registration of the "GoBank" mark.
About CoBankCoBank is a $93 billion cooperative bank serving vital industries across rural America. The bank provides loans, leases, export financing and other financial services to agribusinesses and rural power, water and communications providers in all 50 states. The bank also provides wholesale loans and other financial services to affiliated Farm Credit associations serving farmers, ranchers and other rural borrowers in 23 states around the country. CoBank is a member of the Farm Credit System, a nationwide network of banks and retail lending associations chartered to support the borrowing needs of U.S. agriculture and the nation's rural economy. Headquartered outside Denver, Colorado, CoBank serves customers from regional banking centers across the U.S. and also maintains an international representative office in Singapore. For more information about CoBank, visit the bank's web site at www.cobank.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV