Practicing What You Preach: Ask Noah
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Q: I perform wedding ceremonies for all faiths. Lately I've been questioning whether my own marriage can stand the test of time. This upsets me because I feel I should have a handle on this due to my work. Do you have any thoughts on this matter?
A: Gauging a ceremony towards a specific couples' personality and needs is an art. This makes you a powerful ally to the institute of marriage. However, it doesn't make your own union foolproof. Everyone in a relationship inevitably experiences vulnerabilities, doubts and obstacles.
You're certainly in a unique situation. To be inundated with new love on a consistent basis can be exhilarating but also humbling. When looking at the fresh perspective of an engaged couple, comparisons to your own relationship are inevitable.
Separate fantasy from reality. The couples you marry will face unforeseen challenges that will rival your own. You're experiencing them at one moment in time when their futures are not yet written. Be careful not to idolize them.Instead of beating yourself up for having problems to face, focus directly on your relationship's needs. Are you spending enough quality time together? Are you communicating in a way where each one of you feels heard? Can you still express your passion for one another? Identifying the obstacles and finding solutions will enable you to practice what you preach. Remember that there's a difference between setting a scene in a ceremony and riding the roller coaster of a long-term relationship. When it comes to the latter, we're all in the same playing field. Thanks for your honest question. I wish you the best of luck. Send all questions and comments to "Ask Noah" at firstname.lastname@example.org. Have a profitable and peaceful week, Noah
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV