Chart Courtesy of Thomson/Reuters
Keep an eye on the five major averages as additional weakness into Friday's closes could provide technical warnings for the stock market. The major equity Averages ended Wednesday straddling their five-week modified moving averages at 15,362 Dow Industrials, 1669.6 S&P 500, 3566 Nasdaq, 6440 Dow Transports and 1026.63 Russell 2000. Both the Dow Industrials and Dow Transports closed Wednesday below their averages, which would shift their weekly chart profiles to neutral, if not negative.
At the time of publication the author had no position in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @Suttmeier This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV