WOONSOCKET, R.I., Aug. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- A new survey from CVS/pharmacy released today found that less than half of those surveyed (46%) were more likely to get a flu shot this year following last season's late flu outbreak. But many more - 59% - said they consider it a social responsibility to get the flu shot every year in order to keep their community healthy and minimize the spread of the influenza virus.
All CVS/pharmacy and most MinuteClinic locations are offering flu vaccinations this week and all locations will have vaccine in stock by the end of August. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommend that everyone who is at least 6 months old get a flu shot as soon the vaccine is available.
"It is important for people to get the flu shot annually because it is the most effective way to prevent the spread of influenza to others and your immunity from the virus declines over time," said Papatya Tankut, RPh, Vice President of Pharmacy Affairs, CVS Caremark. "The results of our consumer survey demonstrate the heightened awareness among Americans to get vaccinated, and CVS/pharmacy and MinuteClinic are two of the most convenient places to get a flu shot."Convenience is a major driver in a consumer's decision about where to receive a flu shot. Nearly half (47%) of the respondents agree that it is inconvenient to make an appointment for a flu shot. This season, more than 7,500 CVS/pharmacy stores and 650 MinuteClinic sites inside select CVS locations will be providing flu shots every day, including evenings and weekends, no appointment needed. The survey also indicated that 80% of respondents who have ever received a flu shot would recommend the high-dose flu vaccine to a friend or family member over the age of 65, knowing that it increases the immune system's response for added protection against the flu virus.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV