Aetna (NYSE: AET) will serve as a Cornerstone Sponsor for the third consecutive year for The New Haven Open at Yale presented by First Niagara. The New Haven Open at Yale is a Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) event that is part of the Emirates Airline US Open Series and will be held August 16-24, 2013 at the Connecticut Tennis Center.
During the first session of the New Haven Open on Sunday, August 18, kids can join WTA professionals for Aetna Kids Day. Tickets start at just $12 and include admission to all New Haven Open matches on that day as well. This fun-filled day will include:
- Free tennis clinic for kids of all ages (10-11:30 a.m.).
- The opening of the Aetna FitZone, which will feature interactive fitness stations, a fast serve contest, games and prizes (11 a.m.).
- A Q&A hosted by Wayne Bryan, accomplished tennis instructor and father of the “Bryan Brothers,” the top-ranked and record-setting men’s doubles partners (11:45 a.m.-12:30 p.m.).
- WTA player autograph sessions (2-4 p.m.).
- Free Aetna goody bags for the first 1,000 kids to arrive, starting at 10 a.m.
The Aetna FitZone will also be available to all fans throughout the tournament. In addition to the activities at the Aetna FitZone, fans will also have the opportunity to answer the question “what’s your healthy?” and be featured on www.whatsyourhealthy.com.
“What’s your healthy?” is Aetna’s national, integrated marketing and advertising campaign and interactive website, www.whatsyourhealthy.com, where consumers can share their personal “healthy.” Fans who visit the Aetna Sponsor Booth can get their photo taken using their smartphone to create a digital “healthy tile” that describes how and why they stay healthy. These healthy tiles will be displayed on the website and can also be shared easily through social media sites. Media personality Angie Greenup will also interview fans about their “healthy” for videos that will be featured on the website.“We are asking people to share their unique definition of being healthy, and playing tennis is obviously a great way that kids and adults can have fun and help to improve their health at the same time,” said Floyd W. Green, III, vice president and head of Community Relations and Urban Marketing for Aetna. “We are thrilled to once again be part of an event that has such a strong, positive presence here in Connecticut and supports the idea of helping people stay healthy.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts