DETROIT, Aug. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The General Motors Foundation is granting $100,000 to Leadership America, the longest-running, national women's development program of its kind in the U.S. The organization of established women leaders offers unique learning environments, as well as professional and personal development opportunities for its more than 2,200 graduate members.
The GM Foundation grant will help fund Leadership America's research to explore trends that impact women across the country and shape today's global business environment, as well as engage new members through interactive learning programs.
In addition to the grant, GM Foundation President Vivian Pickard will be the keynote speaker for Leadership America 2013, the organization's annual conference that will be held in Detroit from September 22-24. The Detroit session concludes the yearlong series focusing on the theme, "Surveying the Landscape, Shaping the Future."
"The GM Foundation shares a common goal with Leadership America in that we both strive to empower the leaders of tomorrow," said Pickard. "This conference will unite a diverse pool of stakeholders to share best practices and inspire change in Detroit communities and those across the country."The Leadership America conference will examine collaborative solutions, including private and public partnerships that are making a difference in Detroit and cities across the U.S. The agenda will emphasize the growing influence and impact of women and men who are exercising bold leadership and making an economic difference. Also participating is Chris Oster, GM's global director, Change Management and Organization Development, who will moderate a panel discussion featuring the following GM leaders:
- Mary Barra – executive vice president, Global Product Development & Global Purchasing & Supply Chain
- Alicia Boler-Davis – senior vice president, Global Quality & Customer Experience
- Grace Lieblein – vice president, Global Purchasing & Supply Chain
- Mary Chan – vice president, Global Connected Consumer
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV