- Mortgage default risk is influenced by natural hazard risk.
- When a natural disaster occurs, a mortgage holder is almost twice as likely to default in high risk areas as compared to low risk areas.
- Miami has the greatest exposure to mortgage default risk due to natural hazards.
- Forecasts estimate that roughly 70 percent of the expected dollar volume of refinance originations for 2013 has already occurred.
- The recent increase in long-term mortgage rates has cut the share of outstanding mortgages with above-market rates by 25 percentage points.
CoreLogic Releases August MarketPulse Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.