BEIJING, Aug. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- UTStarcom Holdings Corp ("UTStarcom" or the "Company") (NASDAQ: UTSI), a leading provider of media operational support services and broadband equipment products and services, today announced the launch of a new architecture for its PTN (Packet Transport Network) Network Management System ("NMS").
This reaffirms UTStarcom's commitment to its broadband business and sharpens the focus on providing customers with a "simple network, simple operation" to meet their increasingly sophisticated needs. In alignment with this philosophy, the new NMS architecture announced today augments UTStarcom's market-leading suite of next generation broadband transport solutions and allows customers to expand the capacity of their existing PTN networks and aggregate the management of large-scale networks.
One of the top telecommunications operators worldwide has already deployed this new NMS architecture. The full market for the new NMS architecture spans the Asia Pacific region, where PTN products are broadly deployed. UTStarcom has strong existing relationships with telecom and broadband service providers across the region, having been a leading broadband equipment provider for many of them.
Specifically, the design of the NMS architecture allows the following:
- Improved scalability: the number of PTN nodes managed under one network is significantly enhanced, extending the industry average of 10,000 to 50,000 PTN nodes by up to five times.
- Greater capacity: MPLS-TP service management capacity volume increases by fifteen times, substantially improving managed services like Pseudo Wire and Label Switching Path.
- Enhanced efficiency: with the capability to migrate up to 50,000 PTN nodes onto one network, customers can improve capacity distribution and lower operating costs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV