- One group built a nesting box for peregrine falcons that will be placed near the stack of the Karn/Weadock power plant, north of Bay City.
- A team of two interns volunteered at a shelter for domestic abuse victims in Midland, Cooking and serving a meal of Mexican food to about 50 residents and shelter staff.
- Interns participated in seven projects for Habitat for Humanity around the state. Tasks including building a home, tearing a house down and making repairs to a home whose owner could not do the work on her own.
- One team taught environmental lessons and planted a garden with summer students at a Jackson school.
- Interns talked about Consumers Energy programs and played bingo, and handed out gift certificates to seniors at local senior fairs and a center in Macomb County.
More Than 120 Consumers Energy Summer Interns Jump Into Community Service Across Michigan With Annual Intern Challenge
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts