SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., Aug. 15, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- At IBC 2013 booth #1.D73, Envivio (Nasdaq:ENVI) a leading provider of software-based live and on-demand video processing solutions, will showcase technologies that enable operators to provide their audiences with the best possible TV experience on any screen.
The company will be demonstrating its full range of solutions for Ultra HD (4K) and HEVC (H.265) compression, personalized TV Anytime services, and its new Envivio Guru™ network management system. Envivio Guru (formerly 4Manager™) offers enhanced user interfaces and operational improvements to facilitate network setup, management and control.
IBC is Europe's largest video industry exhibition, taking place in Amsterdam September 13-17, and Envivio's demonstrations at the show will highlight how its software-based approach can offer better video quality while optimizing bandwidth efficiency for traditional broadcast or cloud/connected TV services.Visitors to the Envivio booth at IBC will be able to experience a range of advanced solutions, including:
- 4K video encoded in HEVC format with Envivio Muse™ transcoding software
- HEVC vs. AVC vs. MPEG-2: real-time encoding comparisons of the same video encoded in three codecs, enabling significant bitrate savings while preserving video quality
- Real-world any-screen connected TV and mobile video services offered by European customers in Belgium and Spain
- TV Anytime (nPVR, Catch-up, Start-over and VOD) plus blackout, ad insertion, subtitling and just-in-time packaging powered by the Envivio Halo™ network media processor
- Processing and workflow management interfaces and the Envivio 4Caster TM G4 Intel-based server appliance