Green Mountain Coffee Roasters
Last up is Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (GMCR), a stock that I wrote about yesterday as a potential short squeeze name. Besides the hefty shorting in GMCR (the short interest ratio sits at 11.4), this stock is also showing some technical strength right now, a combo that could magnify this stock's upside potential in the near-term.
GMCR has been forming an inverse head and shoulders pattern, a setup that's formed by two swing lows that bottom out at approximately the same price level (the shoulders), separated by a deeper swing low (the head). Typically, inverse head and shoulders patterns show up at the bottom of a stock's recent price action -- not the case here. Instead, GMCR's setup is showing up at the top of its recent price action. But as I mentioned, whether or not the pattern is "textbook" matters a whole lot less than the supply and demand forces causing it. Either way, the trading implications look good in GMCR right now.The buy signal for Green Mountain comes on a breakout above its neckline at $82.50. When that level gets taken out, this stock becomes a high probability trade. From a risk-management standpoint, it makes sense to keep a protective stop just below the right shoulder. To see this week's trades in action, check out this week's Must-See Charts portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV