BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Earnings season is drawing to a close - that should help to yank some of the headline risk out of the stock market for the next month or two. And it's setting the stage for upside for the rest of the summer.
Over the course of this rally, earnings seasons have been a chance for the market to hold its breath. That's not hugely surprising; after all, this has been one of the most-hated equity rallies in history, so it makes sense that investors have braced for a smack-down each quarter during earnings.
Thing is, it hasn't happened. So as the broad market fuels up for another big move, it makes sense to take a technical look at the breakout trades forming infive of the biggest names on Wall Street. These are five must-see charts.If you're new to technical analysis, here's the executive summary. Technicals are a study of the market itself. Since the market is ultimately the only mechanism that determines a stock's price, technical analysis is a valuable tool even in the roughest of trading conditions. Technical charts are used every day by proprietary trading floors, Wall Street's biggest financial firms, and individual investors to get an edge on the market. And research shows that skilled technical traders can bank gains as much as 90% of the time. >>5 Rocket Stocks to Buy Before They Blast Off Every week, I take an in-depth look at big names that are telling important technical stories. Here's this week's look at five high-volume stocks to trade this week.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV