There seems to be a concerted effort by the bears to discredit the company's recovery attempts. While I don't disagree that it has a strong reliance on the PC industry, I also can't ignore how much this fact has become overstated.
There's no denying that Intel has blown some opportunities in the mobile evolution.
I will also grant that the company has been slow to respond to the advancements made by rivals like Qualcomm (QCOM) and ARM Holdings (ARMH). While Intel does rely on the PC market for a significant portion of its revenue, the company's mobile advancements, albeit modest, is a step in the right direction.And it's narrow-minded to believe that the company's attempts to grow mobile market share are futile solely based on recently quarterly performances. But don't mistake my support for misguided optimism. I'm not holding my breath expecting Intel to regain its dominance level of the 90's. But solely from an investment perspective, the stock looks cheap. As any smart investor should, I've begun to adjust my expectations, given that the company has begun to think differently. (NVDA) and Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) are also working to recover, the fact that Intel is still meeting expectations on margins, which grew sequentially, is impressive. And management expects more margin expansion in the next quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV