MIAMI, Aug. 14, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Spanish Broadcasting System, Inc. (the "Company" or "SBS") (Nasdaq:SBSA) today reported financial results for the three- and six-months ended June 30, 2013.
|(in thousands)||Quarter Ended June 30,||%||Six-Months Ended June 30,||%|
|Radio||$ 32,247||30,288||6%||$ 65,206||58,066||12%|
|Consolidated||$ 36,067||34,611||4%||$ 75,170||66,705||13%|
|OIBDA, a non-GAAP measure*:|
|Radio||$ 15,189||14,294||6%||$ 27,458||23,807||15%|
|Consolidated||$ 12,707||11,466||11%||$ 22,367||17,798||26%|
* Please refer to the Non-GAAP Financial Measures section for a definition and a reconciliation from a non-GAAP to GAAP financial measure.Discussion and Results "We generated healthy gains in our operating profitability during the second quarter, leading to a 26 percent increase in our OIBDA for the first half of the year," commented Raul Alarcón, Jr., Chairman and CEO. "We are encouraged with the overall advertising environment across our markets, and we are confident in our ability to continue to convert our audience shares into financial gains. We are benefiting from the strategic investments we have made in our content, distribution and sales resources. At the same time, we have maintained a disciplined approach to managing our expenses, as reflected in our improving profitability. As advertisers increasingly recognize Spanish-language media as a highly effective channel to promote their brands, we remain focused on leveraging our diversified media platform to garner a greater share of advertising budgets."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts