bluebird bio, Inc. (Nasdaq: BLUE), a clinical-stage company committed to developing potentially transformative gene therapies for severe genetic and orphan diseases, today reported financial results and operational highlights for the quarter ended June 30, 2013.
Revenues were $6.3 million during the quarter ended June 30, 2013 compared to $0.1 million for the quarter ended June 30, 2012 and include amounts allocated to research and development services from the Celgene collaboration.
Net cash provided by operating activities during the six months ended June 30, 2013 was $57.8 million. bluebird bio held $228.8 million in cash and cash equivalents as of June 30, 2013.Total operating expenses for the quarter ended June 30, 2013 were $10.5 million as compared to $4.7 million for the same period in 2012. bluebird bio reported a net loss of $4.6 million, or $2.13 per share, for the quarter ended June 30, 2013, as compared to a net loss of $4.6 million, or $23.21 per share, for the quarter ended June 30, 2012. Recent Operational Highlights:
- Completed an initial public offering raising approximately $104.9 million, net of underwriting discounts and commissions and estimated offering expenses
- Initiated the HGB-205 study with LentiGlobin for the treatment of beta thalassemia major and severe sickle cell disease patients
- Strengthened our Board of Directors with two additions, Wendy Dixon, Ph.D. and David Schenkein, M.D.
- Signed a multi-year collaboration with Celgene Corporation focused on the development of modified chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T cells for the treatment of cancer
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV