- The company’s sales in Asia are growing differentially higher than in other parts of the world and 3 rd party market estimates are for these consumption rates to continue for a long time.
- There is strong customer preference for the company’s high-end press felt products in Asia, especially in tissue. Today, the company supplies products to the region from 21 of its global plants.
- Xerium is committed to reducing its overall cost structure by repositioning its manufacturing footprint in low cost countries. Xerium is already expanding its current operations in Mexico, Brazil and China. This investment will be another step forward in that direction and the building plant site is being designed to accommodate future expansions to further lower Xerium’s cost structure materially.
- This new plant enables quick turns for customers with short lead time and emergency coverage requirements.
Aerial View Of New Xerium China Plant - Phase 1 (Graphic: Business Wire)
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.